ANNOUNCE: libfolks 0.1.17

libfolks 0.1.17 is now available for download from:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/folks/0.1/folks-0.1.17.tar.bz2
sha256sum:
187517f02849680c9d9aa80db7781d8aa1b04b3aaae9ccbf1f5b9ea7a3f13ba1

libfolks 0.1.17 — Moderate Success as a Nerd Rapper
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a Telepathy backend
complete enough to power Empathy and a key file backend to allow contact
linking. We would like to include additional backends (especially
evolution-data-server), so let us know if we can help!

This release is the first to include the folks-import tool, which
imports data from other contacts systems. Currently, this supports
Pidgin meta-contacts relationships. (It won't import contacts themselves
- add the appropriate accounts to Telepathy from the Empathy accounts
dialog).

libfolks is not yet API or ABI stable, so please proceed with caution.

This is our last planned release in the 0.1.x series. We'll be branching
for 0.2.x shortly and will be cleaning up our API based on lessons
learned when integrating it into Empathy (read: we'll be breaking API
and ABI). In order to minimize the impact on our users, we'll try to
lump all the currently-planned breaks into a single release. In any
case, we'll be documenting every break and the migration path away from
it.

Furthermore, we'll be continuing work on our test suite (which uncovered
some necessary API clean-ups) and adding example programs in multiple
languages. We'll keep these up-to-date and require that they compile for
each release.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Folks

What's new?
===========

 * Add the framework for a test suite (Philip Withnall, Travis Reitter)
 * Add a test of an individual's properties (Philip Withnall,
   Travis Reitter)
 * Build clean-ups (Philip Withnall)
 * Add generated C files to GITIGNOREFILES (Philip Withnall)
 * Don't allow setting a Kf.Persona's alias to its current value (Philip
   Withnall)
 * Don't save the key file when loading Personas' aliases (Philip
   Withnall)
 * Add more debugging for aliases (Philip Withnall)
 * Fix saving the key file when it contains multi-byte characters
   (Philip Withnall)
 * Warn on key file parse errors, rather than explode (Philip Withnall)
 * Notify of Tpf.PersonaStore's Personas being removed when disabling
   account (Philip Withnall)
 * Bug 628853 - hangs if there's no relationships.ini file (Philip
   Withnall)
 * Block flushing of Kf.PersonaStore on any pending file operations
   (Philip Withnall)
 * Bug 629084 - Add a folks-import tool, including Pidgin support
   (Philip Withnall)

Dependencies
libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as a recent release of Vala and gobject-introspection.

The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of telepathy-glib,
built to include its Vala bindings.

Contributing/Contact