ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.11.12 (snapshot)

Good news, everyone!

A new Clutter snapshot is now available at:

  http://download.gnome.org/sources/clutter/1.11/

SHA256 Checksum:

18b88c899737f688d008aeae3bbc1cfeff3570433a1a47b18c9fbbc684bcb7fd
clutter-1.11.12.tar.xz

Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
  git clone git://git.gnome.org/clutter

will include a signed 1.11.12 tag which points to a commit named:
  062491cf11bed7f818b75d2c205c4d9bb093f993

which can be verified with:
  git verify-tag 1.11.12

and can be checked out with a command such as:
  git checkout -b build 1.11.12

Clutter is a library for creating compelling, dynamic and portable graphical
user interfaces. Clutter is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 2.1 or (at your option) later.

Clutter depends on:
  GLib ≥ 2.31.19
  JSON-GLib ≥ 0.12.0
  Cogl ≥ 1.9.6
  Cairo ≥ 1.10
  Pango ≥ 1.30
  Atk ≥ 2.5.3

Clutter also has platform-specific dependencies; for more information, see
the README file included in the release.

Documentation:
   Clutter: http://developer.gnome.org/clutter/unstable/
  Cookbook: http://docs.clutter-project.org/docs//clutter-cookbook/1.0/

Release Notes:
  - This is an unstable snapshot of Clutter; there are no compatibility
    guarantees for API added during a development cycle.
  - This version is API and ABI compatible with the current stable
    release of Clutter.
  - Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the files
    from the installation of the current release of Clutter.
  - Bugs should be reported on the Clutter Bugzilla product, at:
    http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=clutter

  • List of changes since Clutter 1.11.10

    - ClutterBinLayout honours the fixed-position of actors
    The ClutterBinLayout now checks if the :fixed-position-set property of a
    ClutterActor is set, and will use the fixed position when computing the
    allocation, without requiring an explicit CLUTTER_BIN_ALIGNMENT_FIXED
    alignment policy.

    - Soft-deprecation of ClutterGeometry
    The ClutterGeometry boxed type is a bad rectangle type, with known issues
    when used for unioning and intersecting; Clutter uses the type in signals
    and properties, so we cannot fully deprecate it. The documentation has
    been amended, and API using ClutterGeometry has been deprecated where it
    makes sense.

    - Deprecate the ClutterActor::paint signal
    The class handler for ClutterActor::paint is still available, but
    connecting to the ::paint signal directly is strongly discouraged, and
    will emit warnings if the CLUTTER_ENABLE_DIAGNOSTIC environment variable
    is set. Notifications of a full paint for the Stage should happen only
    through the repaint functions.

    - Ensure we associate input devices to the stage on touch events
    Like we do for crossing events for pointer devices, beginning and ending
    a touch sequence should associate the input device to the stage.

    - Allow constraining a DragAction to an area
    Similarly to how we allow constraining the dragging to an axis, we can
    also constrain the dragging to a specific area, expressed in
    parent-relative coordinates.

    - Do not handle events on ClutterText if :selectable is FALSE
    If the ClutterText:selectable property is FALSE we should only reposition
    the cursor, and avoid the whole drag-to-select event handling.

    - Add ClutterActor:child-transform
    to the children of an actor, but not to the actor itself.

    - Fix height-for-width policy in ClutterBinLayout

    - Add ClutterZoomAction
    An action that implements the pinch gesture to scale an actor up or
    down through two touch points.

    - Documentation fixes

    - Translations update
    Assamese, Indonesian, Ukranian, Traditional Chinese translation (Hong
    Kong and Taiwan), Spanish, Galician, Serbian.

  • List of bugs fixed since Clutter 1.11.10

    [bugzilla.gnome.org]
    #681584 - clutter touch events tests slows down a lot after some use
    #681074 - Call clutter_input_device_update_from_event from
              clutter_x11_handle_event
    #681168 - ClutterDragAction: allow constraining the movement of the
              dragged actor
    #682070 - clutter-text: Make sure to paint the background of a text actor
    #682265 - ClutterBinLayout not honoring ClutterActor position set through
              clutter_actor_set_position
    #679483 - ClutterBoxLayout does not do height-for-width properly
    #678427 - Zoom action
    #681814 - ClutterDragAction causes crashes when drag actor is destroyed
              at drag-end time

Many thanks to:

  Nilamdyuti Goswami, Daniel Mustieles, Fran Diéguez, Chao-Hsiung Liao,
  Daniel Korostil, Dirgita, Duarte Loreto, Giovanni Campagna,
  Jasper St. Pierre, Lionel Landwerlin, Sjoerd Simons, Tristan Van Berkom,
  Мирослав Николић.

Have fun with Clutter!

ciao,
 Emmanuele.