Re: 1000 bugreports in one day, every day

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 12:03:12PM -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On 6/3/06, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
> >On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 08:46:16AM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> >> While 1000 bugs per day would be nice for my bugzilla points (most of
> >> the bugs should be duplicates for crashers), there's no way for us to
> >> manually deal with this number of bugs.
> >
> >I agree, so what are our options?
> <snip>
>
> Another thing we could do (on a much smaller scale than your other
> suggestions but potentially useful already to the big modules) is to
> finally make unconfirmed/confirmed actually be useful.  Add a
> preference for whether people (mainly developers) receive email for
> unconfirmed bugs (overridden if they are the reporter or on cc).  Then

That is the easy part. Standard in Bugzilla:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email

> maintainers don't have to be deluged with all the new emails and
> follow-ups from the bugsquad.  We could also give out canconfirm
> permissions more widely (automatic after receiving 5 points or
> something like that?).

Also pretty easy. I think when designing the new show_bug interface I
didn't expect people to only have canconfirm (meaning that the interface
might not actually allow them to confirm bugs). However, that can be
checked and fixed.

--
Regards,
Olav