Re: location of bonobo-stream-fs,[ch]

Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Dietmar,
>
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > Sorry, my english is far from perfect and I don't know if I understand
> > the last sentence.
>
>         It's old and stale.
>
> > My opinion is that we should move bonobo_stream_fs to the
> > storage_modules directory. There is no reason to use
> > bonobo_stream_fs_open directly.
>
>         The alternative is not at all pleasant to my mind:
>
> BonoboStorage   *bonobo_storage_open         (const char *driver,
>                                               const char *path,
>                                               gint flags,
>                                               gint mode);
>         And then:
>
> BonoboStream    *bonobo_stream_storage_open (BonoboStorage *storage,
>                                              const char *path,
>                                              const char *open_mode);

Silly question: where is the implementation of bonobo_stream_storage_open().
I am
unable to find it.

And what is with the bonobo_storage_write_class_id and
bonobo_stream_write_class_id functions?

>         Not pleasant, if we are going to move bonobo-stream-fs ( which is
> a good idea ) we need some helper functions to make it easy to load files
> on the local storage in the fs module, this is the most common use. Could
> you write a helper to do this ? If we get that in place and working then
> we can start moving stuff.

It seems that there are drivers which can create Streams without a parent
Storage (fs and vfs driver). We can implement:

BonoboStream   *bonobo_stream_open         (const char *driver,
                                              const char *path,
                                              gint flags,
                                              gint mode);

and add a bonobo_stream_driver_open () function to each driver
that supports it.

What do you think?

Dietmar