Re: Non-viusal components, is there such a thing?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Mark Humphreys wrote:

> I apologise in advance if this is a question that has been asked
> before, but is there such a thing as a non-visual component, more
> specifically a non-visual Bonobo control. I want to build a CORBA
> version of a Visual C++ control, and cannot find any information on
> doing so.

there is no such thing as a non-visual Bonobo Control because a Bonobo
Control is a Bonobo Component implementing Bonobo::Control, which is
exactly for poviding visual widgets.
However, you can definitely implement other Bonobo interfaces without
implementing ::Control, i.e. you can implement non-visual components.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001