Re: popup menus, xml merge

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > I suggest that we continue to omit the ability tear off right-click menus in
> > GNOME programs for user interface reasons, even though it's easy
> > "technically".
>
> Right-click menus are context menus by convention, so if you tear them
> off you need to somehow be able to modify or delete them when the
> relevant context goes away.  It is more trouble that it is worth.

        Ok; so I was so persuaded that this is how it works now:

        In menu mode -
                tearoff attribute, falls back to gnome-preference

        In popup mode -
                tearoff attribute, falls back to no tearoff.

        ie. if you really want the tearoff in popup mode you can get it,
but most people will never see it.

        Regards,

                Michael.