Re: Missing headers in gnome-db MySQL server

> Hi Rodrigo!
>
> It's great to see the progress being made with gnome-db, I'm particularily
> looking forward to seeing the widgets in Glade.
>
> I've just tried compiling the 0.0.90 release with the MySQL backend enabled,
> but there appear to be two missing header files:
>
>   gda.h (which I copied ffrom the Oracle backend directory)
>   gda-mysql-misc.h (which can't be found anywhere)

gda.h should have been generated by orbit-idl. Did you get any error when
executing orbit-idl? gda-mysql-misc.h was missing in the tarball, it's on CVS
(find it attached). But, anyway, do not waste your time since the MySQL server
compiles fine (although not for you) but is incomplete, so you'll get lots of
core dumps as soon as you call an unimplemented function. Please check the ODBC
server if you want to access a MYSQL database, get an ODBC driver for MYSQL, and
that's all.

> The first file that includes gda-mysql-misc.h is gda-mysql-command.c, which
> seems to compile fine without it. The second one is gda-mysql-misc.c itself,
> and at this point my install ground to a halt!
>
> I'll have a look in the CVS after sending this to see if the header file
> is there.

Yes, it is, it was a bug in the Makefile.am. gda-mysql-misc.h was not in the
SOURCES var, so 'make dist' did not include it.

gda-mysql-misc.h