Re: LGPL

James Henstridge <james@daa.com.au> el día Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:41:38 +0800
(WST), escribió:

>There is no problem using the LGPL.  If someone wants to statically link
>your LGPL code into a commercial executable, they are also required to
>distribute the unlinked object code so that users can (at their
>discretion) link the commercial program with a newer version of the LGPL
>code.

the problem is that our compiler can't do object code so the users
can link again, and more importantly we don't want to force the
author to do this.
I know that this is difficult to understand for a non-Delphi
programmer, but we have years of doing things this way without
problems.

>The standard binutils have some arguments that allow you to combine a
>number of object files into a single larger one, which would make
>distribution easier (ie.  The closed source program is distributed with a
>single extra .o file).

our library is not a common library, another problem.

>If this gives the ammount of leniency to closed program writers you wanted
>to, then you should probably go with the LGPL.

we /want/ to go with the LGPL, but we are knocked with this.