Gnome Calendar

OK People, not sure if this is the right list, but can someone
tell me how to get the gnome calendar alarms working.

If I set an alar to pop up a window it never appears, I've not tryed
any other forms of alarm, cause I don't want them.  Having quickly
looked at the code, theres not much there to suggest the pop-up has
even been coded, in which case why is is fully documented in the
manual? Are the alarms just vapourware MS style functions, or can
they actually be made to work?

Thanks for any help

Kevin