CORBA Root POA Manager

hi

I noticed in the ORBit tutorial that there was an Echo Server which did as
follows:
it gets the RootPOA with a CORBA_ORB_resolve_initial_reference, activates the
POA manager asscoiated to this RootPOA and registers its servant with the
RootPOA. My question is: why does it need to activate the RootPOA manager ?
Should not this POA Manager be allready in the active state ?

Last, i noticed in gnome-core/panel/main.c, main function that there was no
POA stuff and some gnome-session stuff. Does gnome-session handles some of
the POA stuff ?

Mathieu