Re: Pixbuf stuff (rather long)

> Dumb question: is it known to be faster than hermes ?
> (http://hermes.terminal.at)

I do not know.

We need someone to do performance measurements.

Now, the way we are going to use the entire set of things is as
follows:

	ArtPixBuf can hold an RGB or RGBA image.
	gdk-pixbuf is the loader from a file to ArtPixBuf
	libart_lgpl (with gdk-pixbuf wrappers) can do simple transformations.
	GdkRGB renders from an RGB buffer to an X drawable.

GdkRGB uses a color cube instead of a palette.

Miguel.