Re: wxWindows and GNOME

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> The problem I think is that wxWindows is an API, so adding GNOME
> support to it means extending the platform.
>
> For example, wxWindows has no idea of xml, gnome-print, libart, glade,
> the canvas or anything else that is not portable across platforms.

Still, if wxWindows supports only the GTK+ platform and not the GNOME
platform then it isn't a GNOME tool, we don't want to call it a GNOME
thing.

We'd want to at least have it use session management, gnome_segv,
and other things that aren't GUI-related. Otherwise it's a GTK+ library,
not a GNOME one.

But GNOME is high-level enough to be really hard to wrap cross-platform.

Havoc