Re: Adding alpha channel to existing GdkPixbuf

On Dec 02, 1999, Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> >
> > Here is an untested function to promote a pixbuf to have alpha.  If
> > people think this is generally useful, please tell me so that I can
> > document it and put it in gdk-pixbuf.
> >
> > GdkPixbuf *
> > gdk_pixbuf_add_alpha (GdkPixbuf *pixbuf)
>
> How about gdk_pixbuf_add_alpha (GdkPixbuf *pixbuf,
>                                 GdkColor  *color)
>
> where color can be NULL and otherwise is the color to give an alpha of 0?
> This is what 90% of people will be using this function for, and if they
> are they have to iterate to set up the alpha anyway.

That would certainly be the peach.  (c:  It's exactly what I'd be using
it for.  I had planned on doing it myself, but it would be much more
efficient to have that logic inside gdk_pixbuf_add_alpha(), rather than
adding yet another pass through the pixbuf.

John