Probably a stupid question-GnomeMDI&GnomeApp

 Hi,

If it is as it says in subject please don't laugh out too loud!

Here goes:

I have a GnomeApp, top-level window and all.

It works fine, thank you.

Now I just thought, what the heck! Why don't I put it in a GnomeMDI.

Well needless to say I tried with

	child=GnomeGenericChild("appname", win._o)

where win is my GnomeApp.(if you are wondering what the hell are
._o's, I am using pygnome)
I then tried
	GnomeMDI.add_child(child)

and it complains that it is an invalid cast.

Now my question. What is wrong? Is this even possible and if no, why
not?

If no, wouldn't it be lovely to have this? It would really give much
sense to Multiple Document interface (right? Or wrong?).

If yes, then please enlighten me!

H. Aurag