Re: Removing Widgets

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999 hartror@pembrokesc.vic.edu.au wrote:

> I'm just entering the world of Gnome and I'm writing a program :-).
> I'm using C on a Red Hart 6.0 system for anyones information. Anyway I
> was wondering how to remove a large amount of widgets from a window
> and replace them with another group of widgets. I can do it with one
> at a time but there must be an easier way :-)

You could put all those widgets in a container, and then just remove the
container. When the container is removed from the parent window, the
reference count will reach zero and it, along with all its children, will
be destroyed.

> ps I hope this is the right place to ask questions of this kind!

This is a question about Gtk+ more than Gnome, so it might be more
appropriate for gtk-app-devel-list (see www.gtk.org for info). No harm
done.

You also might want to make use of the resources on developer.gnome.org.

-- Elliot
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings, they did it by
killing all who opposed them.