Re: Multihead support in window managers

> I know E works with at least XFree's multihead - Raster (E's main author) is one of the main hackers on xinerama, then extension in X4 that allows a single desktop to spread over several heads.

  According to Xi( I'm no expert here ), what you are describing is
not multihead but Single Logical Screen(SLS).

  An example of multihead would be four distinct desktops running
on four different monitors. An example of SLS would be *one*
desktop quartered across four monitors. I believe Xinerma(sp)
does the latter.

  Again, according to the guy I spoke to at Xi...flames > /dev/null.

--
Nathan Valentine - nrvale0@pop.uky.edu 		AIM: NRVesKY
University of Kentucky Linux Users Group