Re: Internationalization

Sat Dec 11 1999, Matias Mutchinick ->
> I have been trying to add internationazilation support for a
> gnome program I wrote, and i just cant get it to work.
>
> I think I have done everything that is needed.
> I created the intl and po dirs and created a es.po file
> and added translated some messages.
>
> when I run autogen.sh everything seems to be ok
> and I can even compile and install everything ok.
>
> and when I run my app some messages, such as the menu items
> which gnome provides i18n for work ok, but my own translated messages
> are never translated.
>
> If someone could see my code and help me that would be greatly appreciated.
> Let me know if you can help me.

Have you called the bindtextdomain and textdomain functions?
Did you install the es.po file in the GNOMELOCALEDIR?
Then it should work.

bindtextdomain (PACKAGE, GNOMELOCALEDIR);
textdomain (PACKAGE);

	n.

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.

PGP signature