Panel menu larger than screen height (was Re: Moving $(prefix)/share/apps)

Michael Fulbright <msf@redhat.com> writes:
> miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx said:
> > It is going to break a lot of Makefiles, and a lot of assumptions in a
> > lot of places.  Specially the pixmaps part.  this is a major change
> > and should not be considered for 1.0
>
> If we do not do this, we then have to fix the panel and other programs
> which blindly load files under $prefix/share/apps.  If someone has
> KDE and GNOME installed (and lots of people who are trying out both will),
> the panel menu is larger than the screen height currently.

Irrespective of other issues, doesn't this point to a bug in the panel
menu.  If I understand things right, this same scenario could occur
for someone with a 640x480 window and a largish font with just GNOME
installed.  So, independent of moving the GNOME *.desktop files, I
think the large panel menu has to be fixed.

- Hari