Solaris bug in libzvt/gnome-terminal

I've been investigating this bug. I ran both xterm and gnome-terminal
under truss on Solaris with lots of options. I've figured out that
the failed ioctl in the error message is an attempt by the spawned
shell to do a TIOCGSID, i.e. an attempt to get the session ID of the tty.
This fails with an ENOTTY. However, other termio icotls work fine on the
same file descriptor. I don't know enough about terminal I/O and process
groups to understand this failure. If anyone with more clue about these
things would like to see the truss output, please email me, otherwise I
will just sit and meditate with my Stevens book.

 - Maciej