Re: How to accept extra command line args?

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Lyndon Drake wrote:
>I would like to integrate my parameters into the Gnome ones, so that
>they appear in the --help output, and get parsed automagically.  From
>other programs, it appears that popt is used for this.  Is there any
>documentation on this, or a good example program?

There is documentation on it.  Addison-Wesley let us put a copy of the
chapter on popt from Linux Application Development into the popt
distribution, and the man page included in the popt distribution is
built from it, but is more up-to-date, including information on how to
set up the --help output.

I *think* that the latest official release is at
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/code/popt/popt-1.2.tar.gz
but I think that I did some of the work on the manual page after that
release.
ftp://rawhide.redhat.com/SRPMS/SRPMS/popt-1.2.3-1.src.rpm
is the latest release of which I am aware; I don't know if there is
a tarball release that corresponds to it (I don't do the popt releases...)

I hope that helps!

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/