Re: Russian fontset in gnome-pim/gnomecard/canvas.c

"Sergey I. Panov" <sipan@mit.edu> writes:

> I did change fonts to fontsets, because, fonts were hardcoded and
> there is/was no way to change them in gtkrc files. Correct solution is
> to use standart  collection of font styles throughout GNOME, and control
> that collection vi gtkrc file.
>
> Did you read previous discussion on that topic?

Sorry, I couldn't read all the bunch of mails.

> > Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation
> >

> > Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1
> >

> > Gdk-WARNING **:     KSC5601.1987-0
> >

> > Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkfont.c: line 123 (gdk_font_ref): assertion `font != NULL' failed.
> > Segmentation fault
>
> Strange! Do you have ISO8859-1 fonts installed? I know that when fontset
> fails to find koi-r fonts it just resorts to iso8859-1.

It failed, because no KSC5601 font was defined in the fontset string.
When a program opens a fontset, the fontset should have all the fonts
which the current locale needs.  In my LANG=ko environment, koi-r
fonts are not searched at all.

> > I'll remove this hardcoded fontset stuff if noone objects.  Fontset
> > support should be done by gtkrc file.
>
>  I do!(I actually do not understend what you are going to do) I'd
> prefer if you just add korean fonts to a fontset. It is not a proper
> solution, but it will work for now.  Later we will have a set of
> generic fonts styles defined via gtkrc.

It work for now, and for some locales.  gnomecard/gnomecal will crash
in some other locales (ja, zh, th, ...).

OK, I'll just add Korean font.  I'm just happy with that.

--
Changwoo Ryu