Re: new applet proposal for the panel in gnome-core

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 01:41:57AM +0200, Fabrice Bellet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote an applet adapted from the old X client : Xodo. The goal is
> to track and to measure the movements of your mouse pointer, and
> to show the current distance inside a counter. This program is
> adapted from a KDE toy called kodo.
>
> I packaged it so that it can be included in cvs in gnome-core/applets.
> Just need to modify gnome-core/configure.in and
> gnome-core/applets/Makefile.am.
>
> http://pcgrospat.imag.fr/~bellet/gnome/odometer-0.1.tar.gz

Well it's actually becoming a problem that there are millions of applets in
gnome-core. The idea was to separate applets, or have applet authors do
separate package releases. This makes things actually quite a lot easier.

Although it would be nice for someone to maybe start an "applet repository"
such as was the one for gimp plugins.

I've CC'ed this to gnome-devel for further discussion

George