a canvas text item question

Hello,
	Does anyone know what the best way to make a string in a gnome
canvas text item a particular color (determined at compile time)?  An
example would be great (or a pointer to a tutorial or program which does
this (if it's a program, filename:linenumber would be especially great)).
Thank you for your help.
	-Chris

--
lansdoct@cs.alfred.edu
"If I had had more time I would have not written you at all." - Pascal