Re: Vertical Toolbar

Probably the best way is to configure your application's toolbars as you
want them, then check the ~/.gnome/appname file, and look at the
Placement/Dock key.

Now modify your application to set this key like so:
  str = gnome_config_get_string("/appname/Placement/Dock");
  if (str)
    g_free(str);
  else {
    gnome_config_set_string("/appname/Placement/Dock", "...");
    gnome_config_sync();
  }

James.

--