GMC plugins?

Hey. I'm working on a program that will allow easy access to setting up
shares and whatnot in samba. Something a little more intuitive than
editing smb.conf by hand or any of those samba configurator programs that
exist.

The thing is, I want to (only if this person has this program/package
installed) put an option in gmc when you right click on a directory.
Just throw in an extra option below "Symlink" and above "Properties"
like it is in Windows. Is there a fairly easy way to do this right now
with some sort of plugin interface or will it require patching gmc? Or
would it even be best to include this as part of gmc's functionality? It
seems like this could be done much more effectively with a seperate
program and some CORBA communication here.

Joe