Re: GNOME::Editor

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Martijn van Beers wrote:

> > 	. Using FileID instead of providing a proper per-open-file object.
> I had been thinking about this, but I thought it might be overkill

If this were in a file manager where you wanted to get a list of files, I
might agree. Here, however, you are going to have only a few documents
open, and the overhead of having an object-per-file is relatively small
compared to the ease of extensibility that this approach offers.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg