question/idea

Hi,

I'm working on an app that requires knowing where the user's CD ROM drive
is mounted, and I was wondering if there is currently any "standard"
gnome way to retrieve things like this?

If not, is this a viable thing to go in something like gnome-libs? I'm
sure my application isn't the only one would benefit from being able to
easily retrieve the exact mount point(s) that correspond to (for example),
the CD-ROM drive, floppy drive, etc.

I wouldn't consider quite consider myself a skilled enough programmer to
implement something like this, but I would imagine it to be fairly trivial
to more experienced pros. :)

Regards,

--
Lee.