What's the problem with gnome-linuxconf?

Hi,

I have never managed to get gnome-linuxconf running.

I use the latest version from CVS and the linuxconf from the "RH 6
beta" rebuild on a RH 5.2 system (but I tried with the newest version
from linuxconf site, too and the stock 5.2 version.)

anyway, the behaviour is always the same: it starts, prints out
"prefer tree menu" and freezes without popping up a window.

I've attached the strace output below. PLEASE anybody, help me... I
don't know what I could try anymore...

straceout