gnome-utils module

I've been trying to get the gnome-utils cvs module to compile properly.
I have the 5.2 rpms installed so I do 'aclocal -I /usr/share/aclocal'
which gives a couple of errors:
aclocal: configure.in: 9: macro `AM_ACLOCAL_INCLUDE' not found in
library
aclocal: configure.in: 58: macro `AM_GNOME_GETTEXT' not found in library

The first seems correctable and probably the second (I assume GetText
comes from core or libs?).

If I do 'aclocal -I macros/' then 'autoconf' there is no problem.
automake however yields the following errors:\
automake: configure.in: required file `./install-sh' not found
automake: configure.in: required file `./mkinstalldirs' not found
automake: configure.in: required file `./missing' not found
automake: Makefile.am: required file `./INSTALL' not found
automake: Makefile.am: required file `./COPYING' not found
configure.in: 4: required file `./config.h.in' not found
Makefile.am:21: required directory ./intl does not exist

In CVSROOT/modules, the intl directory is not assigned to be also signed
out so why should it be looked for?  As for the other stuff, it looks
pretty standard, but where is it?

TIA
-JP