Patchs

Ok, now (thanks to all) I've modified gsearchtool.  My question thus
becomes:  what is the submission protocol?

I just used cvs diff -c -r <last revision> outdlg.c to create the patch
- is this sufficient for the GNOME maintainers?  Is there a naming
convention for patches?  Are patches done only on modules?

Next, where does the patch go to?  The maintainer?  The ftp site (this
seems tough to connect to - always busy)?

TIA
-JP