Re: An SDI widget

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 05:35:40PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Fri, 7 May 1999, Erik Andersen wrote:
> >
> > Cool.  For the lazy, mind adding a quick screenshot to your
> > page?
> >

> There's really nothing to see (it just looks like GnomeApp, in fact it's a
> subclass). The functionality is all programmer convenience stuff. Seems
> nice.

Yeah, what he said.

I suppose I should have included a little more info in my post.

Like Havoc says, the widget is derived from GnomeApp. It adds some
functions to set/get the modified flag and current filename, which
the widget uses to update the titlebar. The widget also includes a
handleful of callbacks (gnome_sdi_new_hook, gnome_sdi_open_hook, etc)
which you can use in menus or a toolbar. These callbacks use the
info in the widget to prompt the user to save before exiting, handle
getting filenames from the user, etc. The application then only has
to provide handlers for four signals - "new_document", "open_document",
"save_document" and "close_document" - which should deal with the
specifics of actually reading/writing the data.

> I have to admit, from the subject I was expecting lasers and rockets. :-P

Hmm. Maybe for version 0.2.0...

Does anyone know of any documentation for the X anti-ballistic
missile extensions?

"A nuclear launch has been detected.
Would you like to save the changes to foo.txt?"

Jeff Raven