[Fwd: Why not to split gmc and other gnome applications into threads?]

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  Cool! Will it be possible to embed a file manager window in a file selection
> >  dialogue? This is something I miss from Windows.
>
> That could be done, yes.

Personally, I really like the KDE feature of being able to configure the
dialogue from within the dialogue...such as showing/hiding hidden files,
single/double click, view, mix dirs and files. I love Gnome's tab
completion, but other than that I think KDE's file dialoges are better.

--

Steve Fox
http://pcxtreme.org