Re: Gdk-pixbuf savers?

> Hi,
>
> The GdkPixbuf loaders look pretty useful.  Are there any plans for savers?
> (i.e. taking a pixbuf and saving it.)

We've discussed it briefly, and not come into any useful conclusion.  The
problem is that, while loading is (relatively) easy, saving isn't.  You
need too much information.  For example, what palette should be used when
saving a gif?  Which level of compression when saving a jpeg?  I suppose
we could implement a png saver as a convenience, as most of the time you
just want to save, and don't really care too much about the format (how
often do you need to save, anyway???)

However, suggestions and patches are always welcome,
-Jonathan