i8n problems

Hi

I was following the tutorial on developer.gnome.org and read some of GGAD to figure out how to make my application capable of being translated easily.
I got everything setup properly and created the intl/ and po/ directories and filled them with the correct files. Everything compiles and works, so I'm happy with that, but I have an annoying problem, I'm keeping my source in a CVS tree and when I added the new files to it, it created the files in /intl (all symlinks to the GNU gettextize stuff), they were created as 0 byte files and as a result I can't do CVS commits anymore because it is moaning about the intl/ drawer being wrong. I know this isn't strictly relevant here, but I'm wondering if anyone with more CVS experience has come across this problem before and if so, how do I fix it?

Also, I have some strings that are in arrays:

gchar *message_list_titles[] = {
	N_("Status"),
	N_("From"),
	N_("Subject"),