Re: Easing language bindings (was Re: GtkPlot widget)

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To solve the language binding problem once and for all what we need is a
> tool that parses the C headers and can build bindings from them. Otherwise
> it will always take forever to sync the bindings with the C library, and
> stuff like this will cause pain.
I think a more clean solution would be to use IDLs instead of native C
source files for interface description. Not to mention that implementation
(be in C, C++, Pascal, Perl or whatnot) should be separated from the API
if you mean it when you say language independence.

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus@cactus.rulez.org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key