Re: desktop as a separate window (fwd)

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, J.W. Bizzaro wrote:

> The Gnome canvas would make a beautifully flexible and easy desktop to work
> with.  This is why I once requested that the canvas support pixmap tiling: so
> you can have a tiled desktop!  Loci uses the Gnome canvas.

We'll have to write a custom canvas item for the tiled background,
basically.

> Havoc, if you do go the route of using a canvas for the background, maybe we
> can work Loci into the whole thing (Loci is LGPL and uses vanilla gnome
> libs)...or at least allow Loci to be an alternative desktop if you have
> something else in mind.

I think at first we want to have Loci as an alternative - but this should
be pretty easy given the CORBA setup. If you want to get involved in
gnome-fm development you could help keep it modular by trying to integrate
Loci as we go along.

Havoc