Re: Problem building mc on SuSE 6.2

   Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 07:12:33 +0200 (CEST)
   From: Norbert Warmuth <nwarmuth@privat.circular.de>
   cc: miguel@gnu.org, gnome-devel-list@gnome.org

   On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   >    HAVE_STROPTS wouldn't be wrong but I think Robert has a problem with his
   >    installation. Both glib 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 include stropts.h.
   >
   > I found it in the .spm (I have 2.1.1).  Do you have stropts.h on your
   > system, and is it a Linux box?

   Linux with glibc 2.1 (Debian potato).

   $ dpkg --search stropts
   libc6-dev: /usr/include/bits/stropts.h
   libc6-dev: /usr/include/sys/stropts.h
   libc6-dev: /usr/include/stropts.h
   $

   I haven't checked the complete list of include files you posted earlier
   but it lacks at least /usr/include/{asm,bits,linux}.

   I assume you need to install the libc development package.

That effectively did it, although since it was simply called libc, I'm
a bit confused as to exactly what it *did* do, since (presumably) I
already had libc installed:

[3(root)|||{!7}<rlkppp>/cdrom/suse/d1]
# rpm -Uvh libc.rpm
package libc-99.4.14-0 (which is newer then libc-2.1.1-4) is already installed

What's more interesting is that most other things *have* compiled just
fine.  In any event, thanks.