Re: pixmap tiling on canvas

On Mon Oct 11, 1999 at 11:09:41AM -0400, Jeffrey W. Bizzaro wrote:
> Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> >
> > I am not sure whether adding support for this would be useful; usually
> > you want the canvas as a "real" blank area onto which you draw.
>
> I see.  Pixmap backgrounds are unsupported because a gtk theme may clutter up someone's drawing area.
>
> How then would you suggest tiling the canvas's background?

In gnomehack, I just tile the canvas with a CanvasImage, and then lower
that image to the bottom of the Z-order. I then tile other images on top
of the background image. Works fine, and produces the same effect.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org