Re: Last bug call - esound version to test

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 12:51:38PM -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> Could you try out ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/sopwith/esound-0.2.13.tar.gz?
> This isn't actually stock 0.2.13 - I have made modifications that I think
> should fix this bug (http://bugs.gnome.org/db/19/1967.html). Please try it
> out and let me know of any bugs I introduced in the process.
>
> If it all works right, I'll bug Ricdude to stick in any fixes he has, and
> then we can have an esound-0.2.14 release made in about a week or so to be
> used for GNOME 1.0.50.
>
> This is, in other words, the last call for esound bugs to be fixed for
> GNOME 1.0.50.
> -- Elliot
> The time for action is past! Now is the time for senseless bickering!

Ok, I should probably send this to bugs.gnome.org. I'll do that
tomorrow.

When I have esd running, and no sound playing, it is generating
700 interrupts per second (judged from "procinfo -dn1").

When I'm playing an mp3 with mpg123 (not through esd), I'm getting
44 interrupts per second.

When esd is sleeping, my system slows down very noticeably.

Ronald