[Fwd: The sound problem is ESD]

--
                                  -- Yoann
        It is well known that M$ products don't call free() after a malloc().
        The Unix community wish them good luck for their future developments.

at least, I now think so. Esd seems to be causing this problem under
certain conditions. In the tests I did with esd "off", I had it in
"standby" mode. It turns out that esd will screw up sound output anyway
under these conditions. It all seems very wierd and I'll send more if I
figure out exactly how to reproduce it *every* time. I still think that
it is relevent to post on this subject on linux kernel as it may very
well be a kernel sound problem/scheduling problem which is causing
this....
--
Jonathan C. Masters (jonathan@oxlug.org) PGP:
www.brookes.ac.uk/~95227860/KEY

"Upon this rock I will build my church
and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". -- Matthew 16,
17-18

-