Re: gnome-socket API proposal

> Right, I just mean separate .so files created from the gnome-libs package.

Creating a new .so file for stuff like -lgnomenet might look like an
appealing idea.  Until you realize that this adds (depending your
setup) for each shared library you link with about 6 open calls.

The reason Imlib got shared-library modules for the image loaders was
not because it was cool, but because it reduced significantly the load
time.  Adding libraries left and right is not a terrific idea.

I wonder if it is possible to assemble a collection of shared objects
into a single shared object file.  So we could assemble gdk.so,
gtk.so, libgnome.so and libgnomeui.so into a gnomeui-all.so library

Miguel.