No Subject

Subject: Hiding widgets without destroying them question
hi,

I have some gtk related questions about a gnome app I am working on.

Is it possible to have a clist widget (or any widget) dissappear from it's container, put something else in that container, then put the clist back into that container at a later stage? Is it possible to access the row data of this widget while it is 'hidden'?

The gtk tutorial is good for displaying widgets but not removing them!

I have browsed the gtk header files and seen commands like gtk_widget_hide, but I'm not sure if this does what I want to do. I've tried experimenting with the different commands but I can't seem to get the behaviour I want.

Is there an app around that does this sort of thing from which I can examine the code?

ta,
wayne.