Re: GNOME libraries 2.xx road map

For one thing, it doesn't appear that any usable code has been released
for Imlib2 yet. While GdkPixbuf is in its early stages, it is at least
usable at this point. Also, GdkRGB implements a lot of functionality that
can be used by GNOME's image library and is easier to work with at the
lower levels than X-like pixmaps and bitmaps.

Cody