Re: window-in-window MDI

   Hi,

I've read the discussion on wiw mdi and it seems
to be a sensitive one :-)
For what it's worth, here's my humble opinion :
I don't like window-in-window like in ms windows,
and find notebook-syle mdi much more efficient.

But there's one thing lacking for me in current gnome
mdi implementation : you can't have 2
documents side by side without having 2 seperate
windows (like in top-level mdi mode).

Most of the time you don't need to have 2 documents
side by side, but there are times where it's the most
practical way to drag and drop things from one doc to
 the other doc.

Actually, I need that feature for the project I'm
working on with a friend, a bookmarks organizer,
and am planning to have 2 notebook-style mdi
side by side inside the application. We don't know
yet how we'll implement that, but that's what we
have in mind :-)

My 2 cents (or francs, by the way ;-)
Renaud