canvas documentation other than the API library?

Hi,
	is there any documentation for the canvas other than in the Gnome
User Interface Library Reference Manual?  The documentation there is far
from complete and has almost no conceptual documentation at all.
	Who maintains the canvas widget?  Would they help if I went about
trying to write some documentation for the canvas do you think?  As long as
I'm going to have to learn how to use the canvas I might as well pass on
some of that knowledge.
	-Chris

--
lansdoct@cs.alfred.edu
"If I had had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Pascal