Re: po/Makefile.in.in

ERDI Gergo writes:
 > On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
 >
 > > [hilaire@ulysse dr-genius]$ grep autogen.sh gettextize
 > > grep: gettextize: No such file or directory
 >
 > grep gettextize macros/autogen.sh # :P

Unfortunately the gettextize command is never call when there is a sed
call to Makefile.in in the macro/autogen.sh:

--------- macro/autogen.sh ------------

      if grep "^AM_GNU_GETTEXT" configure.in >/dev/null; then
        if grep "sed.*POTFILES" configure.in >/dev/null; then
          : do nothing -- we still have an old unmodified configure.in
        else
          echo "Creating $dr/aclocal.m4 ..."
          test -r $dr/aclocal.m4 || touch $dr/aclocal.m4
          echo "Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages."
          echo "no" | gettextize --force --copy
          echo "Making $dr/aclocal.m4 writable ..."
          test -r $dr/aclocal.m4 && chmod u+w $dr/aclocal.m4
        fi
      fi

The grep matches this in the configure.in

[sed -e "/POTFILES =/r po/POTFILES" po/Makefile.in > po/Makefile])

at the end of the configure.in, so gettextize is never executed.

I check in other two Gnome package (ggv, Guppi) and their configure.in
script all finish with this sed call, so gettextize is never call from
the autogen.sh.

I'm back to the "po/Makefile.in.in in cvs" mode for now. :-\

Hilaire