Re: GNOME and DOS

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Vikas Yadav wrote:

> Is is completly impossible that GNOME will run in DOS platform.
> I have DJGPP installed and am downloading GNOME sources in that order.
> Installing linux on my HDD will take time so I though try make-ing GNOME
> for dos.

To do so you would have to make an X Window System for DOS first. I am
very confident that this would take a lot longer than installing Linux (or
jobbing for a while to purchase an additional harddisk) -- even if you
managed to port this over to DOS (where a lot of the UNIX facilities
GNOME just expects are missing).

Nils
--
         Nils Philippsen / +49.711.96437.250 / nils@redhat.de
       Red Hat GmbH / Hauptstätter Straße 58 / D70178 Stuttgart