How to ask a POP3 server for # of recieved mail ?

Hi !

Sorry if this is off topic, but I wanna put in email checking in my
gnome ppp dialer I am working on !

I wonder if someone have some c code that shows how to connect to a pop3
server to see how many mail you have waiting for you ! It would be nice
if someone have a example code I can look into ... or is there a lib
that can do that ? Also it would be good if someone could tell me where
I can find more info on the PPPD interface (if there is any)

/Magnus
begin:vcard
n:Wirström;Magnus
tel;cell:+46704998120