Re: Is LyX usable ?

Magnus Wirström <asd@mail.bip.net> writes:

> Hi
>
> I wonder if it is a good idea to use LyX to write my manual and online
> help .... Can I use the result of the output to make a gnome help file ?

gnome help files are supposed to be in html, and LyX will output LaTeX
(unless it has changed since I last used it).  You could theoretically
use a LaTeX to html converter, but unless the quality of these various
converters has improved mightily lately, the result is likely to be in
need of hand editing.

> I do like the LyX so I would like to use it, but if there is to much
> trouble to use it I'll use something else !

Why not use netscape or mozilla if you are a WYSI_almost_WYG fan?
(I am sure there are other html editing programs as well.)