Solaris Installation problem and fix...

I tried to compile gnome from scratch on my solaris box according to the
instructions on http://www.gnome.org/start/installing/  but found that I was
missing something:

checking for dbopen... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no
configure: error: Your db library is missing db 1.85 compatibility mode
/sup/build/gnome-libs-1.2.3 >
~ > uname -a; gcc --version
SunOS topaze 5.7 Generic_106541-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
2.95.2

http://www.sleepycat.com/ has what appears to be what I need; here's the
README:
/sup/build/db-3.1.17 > cat README
Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.1.17: (July 31, 2000)

This is version 3.1.17 of Berkeley DB from Sleepycat Software.  To view
the release and installation documentation, load the distribution file
docs/index.html into your web browser.
/sup/build/db-3.1.17 >

Could you add this to the instructions on that page so that others can find
this db more easily if their system does not have it?

Thanks,
Nils.

ps. I'm not on the list, so please keep me in cc: